Engagement sessions are easily one of my favorite things to shoot. Just like I enjoy sappy romance movies, I love capturing the memories of two people crazy in love with one another. Planning your engagement pictures can be fun! You can decorate your home with them, use them for save the dates, wedding guest books or wedding decorations! It's also the perfect way to mingle with your wedding photographer. Scheduling an engagement session with your wedding photographer ensures you having comfort in the way they shoot, their style and you'll simply know each other better and be more comfortable on your wedding day!
Each couple is different, you enjoy different things, met in different ways and have different stories. You can use this when planning your session.
What is it that you enjoy together? You can use any element of your personality in your portraits.
Do you enjoy bike riding, kayaking, fishing, riding together with the windows down? Here are some ideas that may inspire you to think outside the box.
Engagement Portrait Session Ideas:
1. If your homebodies a lifestyle session in comfy clothes, watching movies, cooking or cuddling in bed may be perfect for you.
2. If you or your hubby has a truck that you worked hard for, take portraits with it! Snuggle up in the back in your everyday attire.
3. If you really enjoy the outdoors, have an adventure session! Campfires, hiking, kayaking or fishing!
4. If you have a love for reading, have a session in a book store or library!
5. If fall is your favorite season any local park will have gorgeous leaves. You can add to it by bringing along a flannel or fleece blanket, cups of hot cocoa/coffee, campfires, or an apple orchard!
6. If you have a love for music of play an instrument, bring it! Be in your element and play your guitar, drums, ect. Incorporate anything that's YOU!
7. If you lovveee all things Halloween. Wear bold black colors, historical structures or use smoke bombs!
8. If you have a playful personality, county fairs or parks such as Kennywood are a perfect place to have fun AND get your portraits done at the same time!
9. Any "toys" can be awesome as well. Quads, Motorcycles, Boats or bicycles!
10. Dogs and pets are always welcome! I LOVE animals!
Just to name a few local Parks and trails: Keystone, Saltsburg river & Trail, Blue Spruce, Rock Furnace Trail, Twin Lakes, Conemaugh Dam, Ghost Town Trail, Sailor Park, Pine Ridge, Eagle's Point and West Penn Trail.